Check-iT terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing Check-iT. By using Check-iTs services, website and/or applications, or accessing any content or material that is made available by Check-iT you are entering into a binding contract with Check-iT entity indicated at the bottom of this document.
Your agreement with us includes these Terms and Conditions. If you wish to review the terms of the Agreements, the effective version of the Agreements can be found at Check-iTs website. You acknowledge that you have read and understood the Agreements, accept these Agreements, and agree to be bound by them. If you don’t agree with (or cannot comply with) the Agreements, then you may not use Check-iTs service or any Content.
You also promise that any registration information that you submit to Check-iT is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times.
We on our hand will do the best we can to verify the documents registered by you. We will contact the issuer of the document and ask for the validity. If the issuer is not able to verify the information, or if for some reason the information is not available to us we can not verify the document. This does not mean it is false, however we can not validate with the information given to us, or not provided by the issuer.
You agree to assist us in data collection such as issuer if this should be a problem.
IMPORTANT: BY USING CHECK-IT SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY OUR TERMS AND THIRD PARTIES.
Changes to the Agreements
Occasionally we may on our discretion, make changes to the Agreements. When we make material changes to the Agreements, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Service or by sending you an email. In some cases, we will notify you in advance, and your continued use of the Service after the changes are made, will constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Service under the new version of the Agreements, you may terminate the Agreements by contacting us.
Here is some information about all the ways you may use Check-iT.
1 Servicedesk, Advisory and Packages.
Check-iT verification services are divided into three packages: Maritime, Offshore and Onshore. Check-iT services require payment before receiving verification letter. You can learn more about our services by visiting our website.
2 Codes and other pre-paid offers
If you have purchased or received a code, pre-paid offer or other offer provided or sold by or on behalf of Check-iT for services, separate terms and conditions presented to you along with the Code may also apply to your access to the Service and you agree to comply with any such terms and conditions.
Rights granted to customer and Check-iT
Check-iT manages your privacy policies in a safe manner. Check-iT and its collaborators are not responsible for any direct, indirect, loss or damage, loss of profit, damage in work relations related to the use of the service. Check-iT is not responsible for customers typos or customers ability to use the services, program or software from third party used in relation to Check-iT.
In consideration for the rights granted to you under the Agreements, you grant us the right to e.g. if you provide feedback, tips, news, ideas or suggestions to Check-iT you acknowledge that the Feedback is not confidential and you authorize Check-iT to use that Feedback without restriction and without payment to you.
- Check-iT software applications and the Content are licensed, not sold, to you, and Check-iT retain ownership.
- All software and integrated hardware, third party services, documentation, interfaces, content, logo, font and other data included in the Check-iT service that is of character that might be replaced or updated with future improvements, programupdates or systemupdates licenced to you, not sold. All Check-iT trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, domain names, and any other features of the Check-iT brand are the sole property of Check-iT or its licensors.
- Check-iT can by own choice make new versions and updates available.
- Check-iTs payment solution is NETS, Paypal and VIPPS. You alone are responsible to ensure security of your credit/debit cards and pin. You consent in the agreement that Check-iT is not responsible if you lose or share the access to your bank information.
- When you register yourself or a company, we need information as, but not limited to phone number, address, nationality, email and name.
- If you report/suspect Check-iT to do offenses or mistreatment, you hereby accept to cooperate with Check-iT in the investigation and use the steps we determine to prevent fraud.
- You grant Check-iT the right to ask the suppliers of the document if what is stated is true. Therefor you grant Check-iT to release the document info to suppliers, also on behalf of your employees.
Third Party Applications
In the event that Check-iT Service is integrated with third party applications, websites, and services (“Third Party Applications”) these Third Party Applications may have their own terms and conditions of use and privacy policies. Your use of these Third Party Applications may be governed by and subject to such terms, conditions, and privacy policies. You understand and agree that Check-iT does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the behaviour, features, or content of any Third Party Application or for any transaction, you may enter into with the provider of any such Third Party Applications.
You agree to commit the information to be distributed further.
Services and material from third parties:
- Check-iT may give access to relevant third parties, provide services to third parties, buy or cooperate on the development of products from or with third parties
- Some services display, include or/and allow data to be available: information, applications or materials from third parties or links to sites from certain third parties. You acknowledge and agree that Check-iT is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or any other website. Check- will not warrant or endorse and will not assume or have any liability to you or any other person for any third party services, third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products or services from third parties. Examples of such may be information collected from training centres to Check-iT’s database.
- To the extent that you use the services to upload content, you confirm that you own all rights to, have consent from the private person, authorized, or otherwise legally permitted to upload such content and that such content does not violate any of the terms of service applicable for services.
- You agree not to modify, rent, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Services in any way, and to not exploit the Services in any unauthorized way whatsoever, including but not limited to use the services to transmit computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malware. You further agree not to use the Services in any manner to harass abuse, stalk, threaten, defame or otherwise infringe the rights of another party. Check-iT is not in any way responsible for such actions in the event you were using services in such manner, or if you should receive harassing, threatening, libellous, defamatory or illegal messages or transmissions as a result of the use of services.
Check-iT respects intellectual property rights and expects you to do the same. We have established a few ground rules for you to follow when using the Service. Please follow these rules and encourage other users to do the same.
Check-iT does not oblige to any service or hand over the letter of authenticity if the payment has not been done according to https://lovdata.no/dokument/NL/lov/2002-06-21-34
Please respect Check-iT, the owners of the Content, and the other users of Check-iT Service. Do not engage in any activity, post any User Content or username, which is or includes material that includes malicious content such as malware, Trojan horses, or viruses, or otherwise interferes with any user’s access to the Service.
Permitted Uses and Restrictions:
- This license gives you no right to use or interface to any product or intellectual property Check-iT own, design, development, manufacture, licensing or the distribution of devices, accessories or software to third parties for use with Check-iT service without the explicit and written consent of Check-iT.
- You cannot and you agree not to facilitate others to copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive source code from, modify, decrypt or create derivative works based on Check-iT software or services offered by Check-iT software, or any part thereof. (Except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by law or permitted by applicable licensing terms governing use of open source components that can accompany Check-iT software).
- Use of the service require that you use a unique username and a password.
- You acknowledge that many features, additional services, applications and services in Check-iT software may affect subscription costs, and that you are responsible for such costs. You can keep track and control over which services you shop at your profile at Check-iT’website.
Right of withdrawal
If you regret your purchase with Check-iT, the Consumer law is applicable. Check-iT’s service is a digital service as the right of withdrawal lapses already once the service has begun according to angrerettloven http://www.forbrukerradet.no/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Veileder-til-angrerettloven.pdf By agreeing with these terms and condition you acknowledge that your right of withdrawal lapses before it is completed.
Service limitations and modifications
Check-iT will make reasonable efforts to keep the Check-iT Service operational. However, certain technical difficulties or maintenance may, from time to time result in temporary interruptions.
If you establish a Check-iT account on behalf of a company, organization or entity, apply to both the personal and the Company profile, as applicable.
If you open a Company Account, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to grant all permissions and licences provided in the Agreements and to bind the Company to the Agreements. You are responsible to obtain approval for the validation from the candidate you wish to validate.
1 Share profile
You as a company are allowed to share the profile including documents with the consent of the private person.
For customer support please submit an email to our customer service via Contact us section of our website, contact us via chat or phone as described on our website. We will use reasonable endeavours to respond to all Customer Support Queries within a reasonable time frame. As question may be of different nature, we make no guarantees or warranties of any kind that any Customer Support Queries will be responded to within any particular time frame and/or that we will be able to satisfactorily answer any such queries.
Check-iT services may be subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations or similar laws applicable in other jurisdictions.
It is not allowed to rent, lease, borrow, sell, redistribute or sublicense Check-iT software. You agree to comply with all applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. Specifically, you agree that you shall not directly or indirectly sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any products, software, or technology (including products derived from or based on such technology) received from Check-iT under the Agreements to any destination, entity, or person prohibited by any applicable laws or regulations of any jurisdiction without obtaining prior authorization from the competent government authorities as required by those laws and regulations. This export control clause shall survive termination or cancellation of the Agreements.
It is allowed to share your own personal profile and associated documents with whom you want as long as it is not in conflict with any applicable law. However Check-iT accept under any circumstance no responsibility to any loss, damage or responsibility of any kind if you- the user – choose to share your profile with any person, company or body.
Payments, cancellations, and cooling off
Paid Subscriptions can be purchased by paying a yearly subscription fee. When you register for a Paid Subscription, Trial, or Code online, you consent to get access to your profile and authenticity
Check-iT may change the price for the Paid Subscriptions, Pre-Paid Period (for periods not yet paid for), or Codes from time to time, and will communicate any price changes to you in advance and, if applicable, how to accept those changes. Price changes for Paid Subscriptions will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the price change. As permitted by local law, you accept the new price by continuing to use Check-iT after the price change takes effect. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by unsubscribing from the Service prior to the price change going into effect. Please therefore make sure you read any such notification of price changes carefully.
Term and termination
The Agreements will continue to apply to you until terminated by either you or Check-iT. However, you acknowledge and agree that the perpetual licence granted by you in relation to User Content, including Feedback, is irrevocable and will therefore continue after expiry or termination of any of the Agreements for any reason.
The full content and documents entered into the profile remain the property of Check-iT and may on the discretion of Check-iT be distributed to company or other requesters upon requests.
Check-iT disclaim all liability for any loss, damage or expense however caused, arising from the content, sending, receipt, or use of any document, e-mail communication or its webpage and on any reliance placed upon the information provided through Check-iT services and does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the information provided. Check-iT disclaims that the information given in any document is not distributed to other parties without consent or at the discretion of Check-iT. Access to content of Check-iT information is regulated at the discretion of Check-iT.
Our workflow starts with Check-iT receives an order. We then contact the issuer of the original document to validate the information given to us the our customer. If we can not get in contact with the issuer we nor can not validate the document. If the issuer tells us the information is wrong of can not validate the information, Check-iT can not validate the information given to us by our customer. If the issuer validate the information, Check-iT based on this information validates the information. If we can not confirm the information given to us we give the customer an letter stating we can not confirm authenticity will be delivered to the customer. If the information is verifiable we give the customer an authenticity letter verifying the information given to us.
Check-iT does not sell personal information to third parties. Outsiders can only gain access to information if this is necessary to perform certain services for Check-iT. In such cases concluded strict agreements to ensure information security, in addition that Check-iT on its own discretion always determine how data processing or exchange will take place.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Check-iT, its officers, shareholders, employees, agents, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, suppliers, or licensors be liable for:
- Any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, or consequential damages
- Any loss of use, data, business, or profits (whether direct or indirect), in all cases arising out of the use or inability to use the service, third party applications, or third party application content, regardless of legal theory without regard to whether Check-iT has been warned of the possibility of those damages, and even if a remedy fails of its essential purpose
- Aggregate liability for all claims relating to the Check-iT service, third party applications, or third party application content more than the amounts paid by you to Check-iT during the prior twelve months in question, to the extent permissible by applicable law.
Nothing in the Agreements makes Check-iT responsible in any manner or enhance Check-iT’s liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence, and, if required by applicable law, gross negligence. Some aspects of this section may not apply in some jurisdictions if prohibited by applicable law.
You – the user – have the responsibility to ensure that your personal information, your contact information and all content is correct, complete and updated by signing into your account at our website.
- The responsibility of typos, content information and profile information lies with the user. Is the information given by user not correct, the service can not issue a validation letter that is verifiable. The responsibility and risk of such incorrect data entry lies with you – the user.
- Check-iT does not guaranty that the service will satisfy your expectation. In the event the issuer refuses to provide us with the information needed to validate a document it is not possible for Check-iT to validate the documet. However Check-it has made due effort and you the user will need to pay for the service.
- In the event that issuer can not be found, refuse or do not respond to Check-it approaches and requests. The user accept to assist Check-It in the way and manner Check-iT see appropriate and demands from the user.
- In the event that a company submit documents on behalf of a private person, it lies to the requesting company to obtain the consent from the candidate to deliver these documents and information to Check-iT and the permission to request Check-iT to perfom its services on behalf of the requesting company.
- When buying services at Check-iT we need your name, company name, email, phone, address, nationality and date of birth. Check-iT need this information for the purpose of registration, contact, information on new releases and campaigns and further.
- Check-iT may on discretion use registered data and content given to Check-iT to extend, develop, run, deliver, improve its services, also to improve the content and advertisement and to prevent loss and scam. The content on the document and the information given on your profile is stored by Check-iT. Check-iT use the information given to Check-iT to confirm your identity and to validate information. Check-iT may also use the information internally to run control, data analyse and examination to improve Check-iT’s services and communication with customers.
Third party rights
You – the user – acknowledge and agree that Check-iT is the owners of the Content in Check-iT database and systems. Certain distributors may be intended beneficiaries of the Agreements and have the right to enforce the Agreements directly against you. Other than as set out in this section, the Agreements are not intended to grant rights to anyone except You – the user – and Check-iT, and in no event shall the Agreements create any third party beneficiary rights. Furthermore, the rights to terminate, rescind, or agree to any variation, waiver, or settlement of the Agreements are not subject to the consent of any other person.
Other than as stated in this section or as explicitly agreed upon in writing between you and Check-iT in other specific agreements, this Agreements constitute all the terms and conditions agreed upon between You – the user – and Check-iT and supersede any prior agreements in relation to the subject matter of these Agreements, whether written or oral.
Please note, however, that other aspects of your use of Check-iT Service may be governed by additional agreements. That could include, for example, access to Check-iT Service as a result of a gift card or free or discounted trials. When you are presented with an offer for such aspects of your use, you will be presented with any related additional agreement, and you may have an opportunity to agree to additional terms.
This License constitutes the entire agreement between you and Check-iT relating to use the service. Any translation of this License is done for local requirements and in the event of any inconsistency between the English and translated versions, the English version shall prevail.
Severability and waiver
Unless as otherwise stated in the Agreements. Should any provision of the Agreements be held invalid or unenforceable for any reason or to any extent, such invalidity or enforceability shall not in any manner affect or render invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Agreements, and the application of that provision shall be enforced to the extent permitted by law.
Any failure by Check-iT or any third party beneficiary to enforce the Agreements or any provision thereof shall not waive Check-iT’s or the applicable third party beneficiary’s right to do so.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law You – the user – agree to indemnify and hold Check-iT harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising out of
- Your – the user – breach of this Agreement
- Any User Content
- Any activity in which You – the user – engage on or through the Check-iT Service
- Any mistakes led to casualty or loss of licence done by Check-iT.
- Your – the user – violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Choice of law, mandatory arbitration and venue
1 Governing Law / Jurisdiction
The company is situated in Norway therefor the law applicable is Norwegian law and Kjøpsloven.
2 CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Where permitted under the applicable law, You – the user – and Check-iT agree that You – the user – may bring claims against Check-iT only in Your – the user – individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any supported class or representative action. Unless both You – the user – and Check-iT agree, no arbitrator or judge may consolidate more than one person’s claims or otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Check-it is a Norwegian company following applicable Norwegian laws.
Disputes pursuant the agreement shall be in accordance with Norwegian Law with Aalesund Municipal Court, Norway as legal venue.
If you have any questions concerning the Check-iT Service or the Agreements, please contact Check-iT customer service by visiting the Contact Us section of our website in order to resolve a complaint regarding the service or to receive further information regarding use of the service.
Thank you for reading our Terms.
Kongens gate 21